View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 11:38 AM   #20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Are clear runs like that kind of typical, or was that just a little boo boo you had to deal with?
I'm sure pro guys rarely do it, if at all. But as long as the run is in the clear, not the color or the base, it will sand out easily. So it's just not a big deal. I had one run in the pearl, so I had to let it dry for a bit, sand it out with 800, then it was good to go. Sandpaper will fix all.

There are 4 coats of clear, and more coats of clear than base is typical, so this would be most common during the clear stage any how.

If we do the blue pearl over white for the RX, I'll need to steal some paint to practice on my surfboard. Pearl over white is the hardest to do, and this blue pearl would be much, much more transparent than my black pearl. Ergo, it will be much harder not to make it look blotchy. I'll probably just dust it on back and forth a few times for each coat till it barely gets wet, as opposed to getting it wet with one stroke. That's how I did the candy black on the tail lights.