Thread: Another newbie
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
the mopar s1 springs are great, especially because it's a fairly mild drop (looks good tho for realz ) and it doesn't hurt that they are designed by mopar for the stock shocks. I've never heard of the Vogtlands, but as long as nothings sagging then ur good Ur car do what you like I personally just prefer coils on all my rides, my last car i put coils on as my first mod. suspension before power ftw!!!

I got some bushings that needa be replaced, tires that need to be bought, and an alignment that needs to happen and then I'll be hitting up the cruises again probably. just gotta make sure my car is dialed in 100% for leaks lines and electrical.
A car's never done, is it? I just plunked down a decent chunk of change to have the camshaft and crank sensors replaced. Of course, my "bumper to bumper" extended warranty didn't cover those particular sensors. I just talked to the Service Mgr. at the dealership today, and he said he's going to pass my complaint on to the General Mgr. who supervises the Finance Dept, since they're the ones who oversold the warranty. I'm not expecting much, but who knows? Maybe they'll surprise me...

My SRT will be due for tires in about 5K miles. I'm running Kumho Ecsta ASX's now, but I think I'm going to go with something a bit more aggressive. I'll be doing some research over the next couple of months to figure out what I want.

Not too many folks have heard of Vogtland. They're a German company that's been around for a long time overseas but just hit the American market in 2001. I met their VP of North American Operations a while back, and I was impressed with his level of knowledge. He used to be a senior product engineer for other well-known suspension companies before going to work for Vogtland, and he's done his fair share of road racing. They make a coil-over kit for the SRT, which I'd like to upgrade to, but tires are going to have to come first.