View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by injdinjn View Post
For $150 you are not going to get a collection agency to pursue it. And a legal shark charges at least that for just sending them a letter.
Are they a inc that is going under if yes you are SOL. If not, like sole prop, you can file a small claims against them. Costs about $30 to file and if you win and they still don't pay you can have lots of fun with them legally.
And the judgment includes all court costs and filing fees but not your time or lost wages. You can get the forms on line and mail everything in.

When I started my business a guy told me, "I will spend $5000 to collect $200, nobody gets away without paying".
We handle it in-house- statement, statement with late charges,call,letter,small claims.

We only outsource if we -
get a judgement and
have trouble getting our money and
the money is worth it.

We did have a pit-bull work one client for us years ago. He was playing "asset asset who's got the asset" after we got a judgement. She worked his controller to the point that the guy went out on a stress-leave 'cause she scared him soo bad. She doesn't work cheap, let me know if justice is worth it.