View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 12:25 AM   #1
pain's fun, hit me again

Default My other pony "Dedicated Service"

So the time has come to finally pull the stock engine out of my 87 which i placed there for inspection and smog purposes temporary far too long ago. I originally planned a F1c power dart 347 that quickly was changed to a 600rwp N/A 347 since i did not want to deal with heat soak, then i came to the realization that a $20k motor was just not a smart thing to do and sold the dart motor to help with purchasing my new truck.

I then started the most inexpensive budget build i could using stuff i bought off CL/Corral/etc Finally on friday of last week i dropped everything off at the machine shop for work and assembly, normally I would build it myself but Shawn(my engine builder) said he wouldnt charge me extra to assemble the motor since he needs to do the clearancing for the crank, boring for the pistons, porting, head rebuild, tapping the block to 1/2" etc etc. All for the measly price of $600, which is nothing by todays standards of engine work. Considering im getting very extensive porting done to the heads, port matching done to my intake and changing the block to 1/2" threads.

So here is the plan for the engine, starting at the intake and working my way down.

Edelbrock RPMII Intake (custom powder coated) $350
Comp Cams Magnum roller rockers $350 (christmas present)
Comp Cams .105 wall pushrods $180 (christmas present)
Morel Link Bar lifters $350
Ed Curtis custom grind cam .373/.359 230*/240* 113/110 $350
Scat 347 "long" block and AFR 185 heads $1100
Stock Block $ Being Rons powder coating bitch
Race coated pistons rings, main bearings, and rod bearings $165
Melling high volume oil pump $45 (left over from my engine sale)
Procomp Head Studs $35
Procomp main studs $35
Procomp 7/16 rocker studs $35
MLS Head gaskets $65 (2)
Main Seal $15
Misc gasket set $85

Puts me at $3225(not bad) for major engine parts, i still need a few things like injectors, MAF, water pump and the like but those wont take long

Here is a picture of my parts shelves before i went over there

Hoping for 400rwhp minimum but my lofty goals would be 450rwhp

Going into this

I'll keep y'all updated
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!