View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 11:44 AM   #105
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
V8 SBC in RX7.

But, with what Joe has thrown on the table, the Mustang II with FORD SB power is a slam dunk. Remember, Mustang IIs came with 302 2bls engines later in the run.

When I had my Moble Repair buiness in the early 80s, I worked on a number of these. All owned by women. This one time one of the women called me to come to her house and when she opened the door she was wearing...................

A FORD 4 speed top loader---damn what a GREAT guy. You can NOT do better that that.!!!!!!!!!!!
Vote has already been changed to reflect. The option is now simply V8 RX7.

How much do you think this Ford SB puts out hp wise? And does it have forged internals.

Ben's SBC probably puts out about 200hp. If this Ford SB doesn't have forged internals or significantly more hp. Maybe we should go with the SBC, we could likely score a set of used big heads for a SBC for a couple hundred bucks, prob score a big used solic cam for about $100. Not so sure about finding parts as easily or as cheap for the SBF. Then again, I'd much prefer the toploader to Ben's Auto.

I honestly don't care if we do this with a Honda engine. It's simply a matter of hp & weight for me (which would kind of eliminate all Honda engines ).

BTW, if we go the Chevy route, I will donate a Milodon high flow water pump (less than 10K miles on it) and various other SBC parts that I have lying around, Q-Jet, HEI, etc.

Also, I don't think that my blue coil overs would support the front end weight of a SB equipped car. But we could try them out, I'm definitely willing to give them up for this project.

I also have resin left over for flares.