View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #42
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithc View Post
I'm not a big conspiracy guy either, but I have to believe that this is not just one rogue ref trying to make some more cash. This whole ordeal makes me wonder how much the networks themselves are involved and if they had a hand in bribing the refs. The major networks that run the playoffs (ESPN, TNT, ABC) have all payed the NBA to have the rights for a set number of years and there is no stipulation that they pay more to the NBA if a series goes 7 games versus 4. The longer a series goes, the more the network will make, but the NBA sees nothing additional. I'm wondering if somebody at those networks have sent some cash Stern's way and he's told the refs to make the games go longer, or if they sent some cash to the refs directly. I'd be more willing to believe the former; Stern seems like a shady character to me.
As of this morning, the FBI is also investigating Dick Bavetta now too....... I think this is going to be bad. The NBA deserves it - Stern is an arrogant prick. It really makes me not want to watch