View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 02:52 PM   #20
Fast & Filthy

I made the pinion angle bracket for the passenger side and took a bunch of pictures this time to show what I put into making it. Once I got it all made and partially welded I dropped the TA and crossmember so I could fully weld the brackets. I was finishing up the top sides when I ran out of shielding gas. So I'll have to go down Tuesday some time and get a refill so I can finish up.

This is how I start. I measure from the diff to the arm and then cut a piece of 2in plate to use to find the angle for the top and bottom. I hold the piece in place and then use a protractor to get the angles. Then I transfer the angle to the tubing and then cut it.

After that I cut a 4in piece of round tube for the bolt and bolt it to the diff. I drilled the holes out to 1/2 for the bolt so that it would sit centered. then I hold the tubing for the bracket up to it so I can mark it to cut the hole for the round tube.

Once I have the hole cut out I bolt the round tube back up and then hold the bracket in place so that I can tack it.

Then I pull it down so I can weld it.

I then bolt it back up so that I can weld it to the TA.

I only weld the sides because the top and bottom welds come out better with it off the car.

You can see in this picture when I ran out of gas.

Here's what it look like so far.

I also picked up a freeze plug for the crossmember so I installed that.

The final thing I did today was drilled the 9/16 holes in the diff and then cut the back of the TA to give it a little more ground clearance.