View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #182
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
First this is a gas engine, it won't be seeing 18:1 compression. I've melted pistons with too much boost, and blown head gaskets, my now reused for the 4th time ARP head BOLTS have never been a problem, and I would be STUNNED if they ever were.

We apply power to the ground with FIVE studs, but you think a head is going to pop off with SEVENTEEN bolts holding it on per side? Excuse me while I masturbate the air. And sorry for not patting you on the back to assit you in justifying your investment.

The Snake is running a roots blower, meaning, it won't see 13lbs of boost. My motor is seeing 13 lbs of boost, same basic engine, with never a head bolt issue. Now excuse me while I go respond to the massive amounts of threads where people are having engine issues due to head bolts.
The compression has nothing to do with needing studs on a diesel, its the clamping force when increasing boost. Secondly you're comparing two COMPLETELY different engines. A sbc has a different bolt pattern for the head, you know that EXTRA bolt per cylinder the sbf doesnt have, plus there is less sealing surface on the sbf. I'm not talking about in general, i'm talking about the ACTUAL engine we're using which has a long running history of having head gasket issues. Especially when using a roots type blower that puts a completely different type of stress on the block that an eaton or centri does.

For the record, i'm not justifying my investment, i've staed many times in ALOT of threads that my cost on the studs is less then what someone can buy a set of bolts for. At that point why the fuck would i downgrade? Just to say I did? I didnt think so.

Btw a sbf only has 10 bolts per side, not 17, that's a big difference especially when we're talking boost.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!