View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #274
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
A centrifugal would be a lot easier then a turbo or twin turbos. I think the only way to make a turbo fit in the engine compartment with the V8 would be to build a complete tube frame and get rid of the strut towers. I don't think all the piping will fit unless you do or it will be really ugly. I also wouldn't use anything less than DOM for the frame which is a lot more money and a lot of work. I would stick to either a roots or centrifugal or N/A.
Ok, then that's that, I want to keep our adventures within the realm of reason for this outing. I'll forget about turbo time . . . this time.

What about that Paxton unit? Are they no bueno? I do have some reasources for desiging and CNC if we keep it under control, like a bracket.

BTW, FMI, is the exhaust port size/spacing on the 89+ 5.0L different than the old 289/302? I'm guessing yes. Just before reading this post, I saw this kit.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)