View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I totally agree. When I think of cute, like puppies or kittens, or little girls having tea parties with their imaginary friends, I definitely think Evo, not Corvette. In all seriousness, I'm one of those rare guys who kind of likes the new Evo and for performance, there's been some psychotic ones. One of THE fastest cars at last year's Silver State Classic was an Evo.
as far as straight line racing, the quickest evo has hit 8.56sec @ 171mph with 1,130 All Wheel HP. i know it could go faster but being as how its awd it gets that dog sliding on wet linoleum no traction action, unlike rwd cars with have hit much quicker times b/c once they hit there wheelie bars its nothing but traction

as for most average evo's if they want to keep there stock spool up range and want there car to be used more for road racing and handling there in the 11's

and if they want to go further ull find the mass majority of drag evo's fall into the 10's and 9's

....but then again if u go and see a road racing event thats where ill usually see the top bracet of fastest cars with first place finishes being evo's followed by a skyline, then sti lol

oh ya and i know im talking a shit load about evo's on this site but its not that im trying to be a prick or anything being how i drive one its kinda the car i know everyting about. and i love to learn about all cars im an all around car guy so please feel free to lay down some knowledge on me about GM land or any other cars that u feel like talking about.

Quote:
I'd love to take credit, and while I did a lot of the basic foot work and research, the knuckle busting as almost entirely done by our own ls1z28, who works out of his home garage. He is very methodical and won't take (or let you take) shortcuts. It worked out great. It's like a real car that just works. Many swaps don't end up so dialed in.
really he should try his hands at other projects i would love to see what he can do elswhere.

maybe a nice rx-7 or delorian with an LS6 forced induction, or hell an LS-9 supercharged i think he would do pretty well on