Thread: Another newbie
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #1

Default Another newbie

Hello all,

I saw your cross-posting of the Feb 20 cruise on srtforums.com. I was psyched to find a group of folks who actually encourage people with different kinds of cars to come together for events. The cruise will be a bit of a hoof for me, coming from the San Diego area, but your video of last year's cruise sold me and I'm planning on making the drive.

I have two rides. My daily driver is a 2005 Dodge SRT-4, lightly modded with a K&N drop-in filter, 3" exhaust, Vogtland springs, and 18" Kyowa Racing wheels with 225/40/18 Kumhos all the way around. My weekend car is a 1986 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 that I'm (slowly) building into a "weekend warrior" track car. Power mods on the Stang are limited -- K&N CAI, JBA headers, Ford Racing cam, and a 3" exhaust. Suspension mods are a bit more extensive, including a 5-lug conversion with Cobra brakes, tubular front suspension and rear control arms, panhard bar, and Koni sport shocks (new adjustable Konis are ready to be installed as we speak).

I've run some amateur track events (Laguna Seca, Buttonwillow, California Speedway), and hope to get back on track once I get kinks ironed out on the Stang. I look forward to meeting some car enthusiasts who appreciate a wider variety of cars than just what they drive.