View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Heavy and not resistant to moisture. Sintra and Alumalite are both cheap at about $200 for a 8' by 4' board, very light weight and easy to work. Alumalite is a plastic core sandwiched in aluminum. Sintra in expanded PVC. Sintra can be easily formed by using a heat gun. I think it will be easier to shape than wood. Then the base shape is set then you can vacuum bag it with CF or just glass over it. Larpers make their armer out of it.
Sounds similar to some plastics we have worked with plastics before ( like my very sophisticated instrument cluster . . .) Basically you can build a form then using the heat gun you can "mold" it around the form and using special plastic glues, can bond the various pieces together. Doesn't sound like what you want to do is terribly difficult, just time. Is what you want not available off the shelf?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)