View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 01:28 AM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
. . .

To answer your previous question vettezuki, I ran centrifugal SCs on my mustang gt for a lon time and will not go back. To much pressurized piping. Intercooler hoeses comming loose clamps wearing out.. I ran procharger's P-1R and then P-1sc. IMO procharger made the best headunits and intercoolers, but the rest of the kits was very low dollar.
This is off your Radar, but I'm curious about Rotrex superchargers. They're OEM on some super exotics (e.g., Koenniggsegg). They are centrifugal, but internally they are completely different using some sort of viscous clutch setup. Apparently they are extremely efficient and spool much faster than equivalent volume gear drive units. There are no kits though.

Have you considered a Whipple or Kenne Bell (twin screw)? Probably not a big deal because you aren't trying to make absolutely maxium peak HP.

Your Vette isn't really a DD is it? Have you considered just making it a vicious 383 or 402, full solid roller and spin it hard? There's something special about a large displacement V8 up around 7k that just makes me smile inside.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)