View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 10:37 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Trailer Questions

Recently I bought a little tractor. It weighs about 2,000lbs.

I know one place, recommended by the guy I bought the tractor from, where I can get a new 12ft trailer on a 3,500lbs axle, for just over $1,600 by the time all is said and done.

I don't want to spend more than this, but have a couple questions.

The above trailer is on a 3,500lbs axle and weighs about 1,000lbs. That means it will reasonably carry up to about 2,500lbs right? My Vette is almost exactly 3,100lbs full wet, so that's probably not a good idea right? Not that I have any intention to trailer my Vette, but it could come in handy for some future projects.

The above seems to be a reasonable market price for that kind of trailer. But are there any other good sources for these kind of simple flatbed utility trailers I should check? I'm a little sketchy on used trailers from CL, mostly because the tires could be crap, and poof, you're not really saving anything when you throw in having to get tires in the near future, plus the hassle.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)