Thread: LT1 guru
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillusion13 View Post
Thanks for the info. On the car, yes and no. I got the whole tire situation taken care of but this weekend I either cracked my y-pipe or one of the exhaust gaskets. Its still runs strong, but I notice a difference. I'll try to look at it this friday when I'm off. Hey quick question, do you guys have a hook up for dyno pulls? Don't need a tuner, just curious what my car is putting down in situations like this. I know I've lost some power just don't know how much.
The problem with dyno pulls to check subtle things is that you really need to be on the same dyno under similar atmospheric conditions from your baseline. What you perceive as a difference may only really be 10HP on the top end, and dynos can easily be that far off from one another. Another way to check is if you have a base of timeslips from a given track that is consistent AND you are a consistent diver (i.e., not Sean). If your mph is off by more than 2mph on average, you are definitely down on power.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)