View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Possible Motorgen Project Cars

We've been kicking around ideas for doing project cars for a while. Here are some options in the poll. Let us know your thoughts.

Obviously we're looking for a fun way to promote the site (well duh).

The constraints are in this order:
1 cost - No budget set but we're talking a few grand tops, but on top of donations of some parts and time, it should be enough . . . I think.
2 performance - The idea is to have fun and promote the site with something interesting. It doesn't have to be a world beating masterpiece.
3 time - There are no special deadlines. (But deadlines will be set.)

One of the ideas is that any members who participate meaningfully with donations of time or parts can drive the car. I have an L83 SBC, and 700R4 that could be used. It's optional for it to be a a street car or track only car. It should have some kind of interesting feature or character. It's good if it can mix up different bits and pieces from different makers, keeping in line with what the site is about.

The poll is just some options. If you have some more, let us know.

HOW THE PROJECT WOULD KINDA WORK[
I'm a fan of the Tiger Team Model. That is talented people have responsibility for a project or an area of a project depending on the size and complexity. Project subdivision would look something like:

Project Manager (Vettezuki, unless one of you would like to take it on)
Oversees total project flow between units. Manages budget and scheduling. Is ultimately responsible for final product. Gets no credit upon success. Must commit ritual suicide upon failure. Ok, I'm kidding about the last bit.

Engine System
Responsible for engine, computer and harness (if it exists), engine cooling, intercooling (if exists), fuel storage and supply.

PARTS
- Vettezuki - L83 SBC
- 94cobra69ss396 - TT V6 (Z Motor)?
- joedls - Forged 302 Ford

LABOR

Driveline
Transmission, axle, etc.

PARTS
- Vettezuki - 700R4
- 94cobra69ss396 - 5 Speed from Z?
- joedls - 4 speed toploader

LABOR

Steering/Suspension
Steering, Springs, Shocks, etc.

PARTS
LABOR

Interior/Safety
Seat, harness, switchgear, cage (if necessary)

PARTS
LABOR

Paint/Body (I know a guy)
Uh, Paint and body

MATERIALS
LABOR

General Fabrication
msc. bits and pieces that will be required almost no matter what.

MATERIALS
LABOR

If something strikes your fancy, please indicate which area you'd like to work in or what you might be able to contribute by posting a reply to this thread. You are not restricted to one area, but don't over commit yourself.

Anybody who contributes a major component, cash donation, or works on one of these teams can drive the car at the track or (if a street car) on our cruises.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Last edited by Vettezuki : 12-31-2008 at 01:16 PM.