View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #1
Fast & Filthy

Default Car Control - Proud of my wife!

So last night my wife went to meet her aunt and uncle for dinner. On her way home the front hub assembly let go on the Explorer while she was doing about 75 mph in the center lane with cars on both sides of her. She said it was like everything happened in slow motion. All that went through her head was me telling her to keep calm, don't jerk the wheel, pay attention to where the other cars are around you, gently steer the truck off to the shoulder. We've had many discussions about car control and what not to do if she ever had a blowout every time we've avoided an accident because of someone loosing control of their car in front of us. She always says she can't believe how I can keep on a conversation while avoiding an accident like nothing happened which always turns into me telling her how to avoid one. I'm really proud of her.

I don't the extent of the damage yet but I just bought new tires and luckily purchased a lifetime road hazzard warranty so at least the tire won't cost me to replace. I'll have to buy a new rim, hub assembly and brake line at least.