View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 11:02 PM   #30
I, Vettezuki

It's a 2000 LS1 block with a mod to make it like an LS6 block for oiling, though I forget exactly what that was.

They are DEFINITELY milled & ported 4.8L heads. Static comp is high for sure, *supposedly* 11.1:1 but who knows. I'll have the shop look at them and the block and calcuate what it is with the stock MLS gasket I was running. Might be surprised!

On 91 in the summer it knocks for sure, and ls1z28 said it was probably some detonation that started hammering on the rod bearings. As long as I run Torco, just a little even, it doesn't knock. I wasn't going to run a thicker gasket because I thought a better exhaust eliminating backpressure might fix the problem.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)