View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 02:45 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

<< As much as I hate to admit it, GTRs are fast. You have to be on your A game to hang with them in a Corvette. It can be done and I've done it, but they are fast.

I don't know if you remember, but we sorta kinda met over at Digital Corvettes talking a bit of smack on the R35 AIR. And I feel the same generally. They obviously built something pretty damned effective in a variety of contexts. Apparently the new Nismo GT-R is going to be just over 2 seconds to 60 from the factory. Damn little on this planet has that kind of off the line explosion.

Within the plausible range of what I could afford (if I wanted to shift goals that is), if I were buying American I'd be all about the C7. I dig it. I just love NA V8s and the swagger of Vettes. If I were buying foreign it'd be a toss up between the GT-R and Turbo Porsche. I actually lean towards the Turbo Porsche as an all arounder because it's a bit smaller with excellent visibility and apparently rides pretty well, where the GTR is a little harsh, while obviously working in all weather and being on the whole "refined". Unfortunately it's fuck all expensive to maintain.

Anyway, the "fastest" drag car on Motorgen remains a Civic. Pure race car though. You're the fastest road course car that I'm aware of. Ron has the most impressive all arounder, including back seats and entertainment system(!). I'll probably keep futzing with my C3 and over the years turn it into something completely unique, relatively fast, functional. Lot's of cool niche stuff here among an otherwise small group. It's why I keep the bar open to be honest.

Sorry for the ramble.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)