View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #16

Default Why not to lie to your attorney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
You entitled to your opinion. In my 17 years of work history I have found that being upfront with dishonest people is the most effective way to stop that behavior. If I had issue on a project that I was managing for a client (engineer not a lawyer) I would make it very clear that his / her behavior resulted in added risk. Bottom line if he looses the case the client will blame Clint and not take responsibility. My $.02.

Why is it always a dick measuring contest with you? I don't need your credentials to validate what you are saying Carlos. I don't seek to devalue anyone and everyone so don't worry about proving yourself to me. I respect your opinion for what it is, and experience where applicable.

That said, I don't disagree being honest is the best policy. I just don't presume to know how beneficial this client is to his firm and always proceed with caution. Sometimes, actually most of the time, telling the client they were essentially "wrong" in any facet doesn't play out well for longevity. Maybe, just maybe it doesn't matter much to his firm and that's the best approach, I don't know.

Just be cautious is all Clunt

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.