Thread: Truck debate.
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 05:47 PM   #13
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle Crazy View Post
If I were you I would look into all the engine and trans. problems Ford is having with the 6.2L and 6.4L diesel engines. Ford has had a tough time with diesel engines. The 7.3L Power Stroke worked great and from there it went down hill. I have a couple friends that work for Ford and they tell me that the 6.4L is having more trouble than the 6.0L did. I guess they are coming out with a new engine and trans. again. I love the body style and straight axle though.The Dodge Cummins diesel is a great engine and the Duramax is also a great engine but it got much better after 06. The Chevrolet will drive and feel more smooth, the others drive more like a heavy truck. We have very little problems with the newer Duramax engines and almost no problems with the Allison trans. If I were going to buy a diesel I would buy a low milege 07 old body style Duramax. I am not a big fan of Chevrolets new truck body(late 07 and up), they are still a great truck if you like the body style. There are advantages to the new body style Duramax trucks such as factory back up cameras and media systems and Oh yea, lets not forget about 660ft-lbs torque. If you plan on this truck for an everyday driver you will more than likely want a quiet engine and a smooth ride. If you don't mind alot of engine noise and a heavy truck feel the Dodge is also a great truck. Thats my biased input.

Although thats kinda what I already said. Id go with the Duramax for the daily driver for ride quality alone its worth the extra cash. If you want to try one out ill lend you mine for the day come to Cali and tow something with it you will never look back.

Chuck