Thread: Welding
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #25
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
How do you find out if its cast iron? I really think the solution needs to be moving the mounts, I'm still pretty skeptical about chopping and welding the stock arms. I would rather make my own. And I would if he didn't have such a funky ass ball joint stud.
As the name implies, cast iron is cast. Unless it has been completely Finnish machined, it will have cast marks (seems) from the casts, and the surface won't be so smooth like steel, which is pressed and rolled from giant ingots.

FYI, Glenn has a young kid friend named Will in a shop next to him in HB. He builds all kinds of stuff for 4x4. He's seriously talented as a fabricator and I think he's done something either identical to what you want to do or similar. Maybe you could visit him and get some ideas if you were so inclined.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)