View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #23
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Actually you can. Here is a dyno chart on a complete stock 335i with the Juice Box from Burger Motorsports:[/IMG]

If you'll notice on 91 octane he went from 273rwhp to 313rwhp - exactly 40rwhp.
Yeah, except for the part where there's no boost or A/F or comparison to a Vishnu unit on the same car and day. I can see the top numbers are on 93 which makes a little more sense. A chunk of it is coming from the timing.

My point is this, it's hard for me to imagine BMW being that conservative with the stock tune. So much so that with still safe (close to ideal) A/F and timing you could pick up that much power at the wheels. That's more than the old days of the LS1s that came from the factory with VERY conservative tunes. Unless they just running very low boost fro the factory that can just get turned up and the fuel system can support it.

Is the JB a whole piggy back computer with lots parametric articulation than the stock unit?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)