View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 09:16 PM   #1

Default tell me what u think about the world rally championship

*also sorry about the double post i realized this is the proper section for this. and i wanted to get more then 1 view out of this thread :-)*

the WRC or World Rally Championship is the premier rally body in the world *excluding america*. the WRC is to the world what nascar is to the U.S.

so i thought i woudl share a little of the 2008 season to give u guys a taste of what we're missing out on let me know ur opinion on how u feel about the clips. driving, and the way the show was made/edited/and presented :-)

clip 1 = the first round in the wrc season which takes place in monte carlo its the 3rd day.
SIDE NOTES - ford, citron, and subaru are the heavey hiters in the wrc. mitsubishi has sat out the 2008 season because of budget problems and the new evo 10 doesnt meet the production rules to be entered in the wrc. also the ford's in the wrc are focus's yes this is the bad ass focus that ford decided to give europe an awd turbo sprint machine and shafted the U.S. with that econo POS. also this is a tarmac rally meaning the course is paved ashfault.

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2820471901373349109&ei=kr-jSLqqFpGUrAP07LUj&q=2008+wrc+&hl=en

clip 2 = is day 2 in sweden which is the 2nd round in the wrc its a snow/damp
course.

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3503931636364338186&ei=kr-jSLqqFpGUrAP07LUj&q=2008+wrc+&hl=en

clip 3 = is day 1 of finland which is the 9th round in the wrc. the course is smooth gravel and very fast *lots of jumps :-) *and the indoor racing u see in the beginning is whats called a special rally stage which is an exhibition race in front of a crowd in a stadium. enjoy!!

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8048681112245595944&ei=-r2jSOX2LqCCqgOgsokO&q=2008+wrc+&hl=en

like i asked in the beginning give me ur thoughts and opinions of everything u see in the videos and how u feel about real rallying and if it should be brought to the U.S.