View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 03:09 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default When it Rains it Pours . . .

So the rad on the Protege has been boiling over and losing coolant. Nothing terrible, so I replaced it. When I did I checked the coolant and saw a tiny amount of oil film on the coolant. Ruh roh. But let it ride.

Swapped rad. Drove around and it was a little on the hot side (not overheating) but otherwise ok. I thought it was probably just the stat not opening all the way or something like that.

Nope. Count it. That's two blown HGs and one chunked main bearing (probably) on three different cars in about a month. Seriously?

Going to buy Xb this morning. It does what we need and has a Camry engine. If that takes a shit any time soon I'm moving to a rural village and riding a bicycle from now on.

If you want me to wreck your car, I can come over and put air in the tires. It'll probably catch on fire.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)