View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #7

I was lucky....some how someone got my CC number and were charging $1.00 charges on it online and my bank( BOA) caught it. BOA told me $1.00 charges are a red flag and criminals "test" the CC Number that way. They figured it was a teen or young adult because the charges were to teen stores. (Forever21,Napster etc..) It was a total of 6 different stores totaling $6.00. Like I said I was lucky.Believe it or not, a lot of identity theft comes from your own garbage pail or mail boxes. It's a wise investment to buy a paper shredder and shred any documents containing your credit card numbers or social security numbers.
My wife was a victim of mail theft, she recieved a note from the postmaster general with her Sears statement. My wife called and asked why the post office had her Sears statement, and they informed her the police stopped a truck on the freeway with 3 men and boxes of mail from different addresses.
The men were arrested on the spot and each mail addressee was sent a notice about their mail being stolen.
My wife signed an affidavit wishing to prosecute those individuals.