Thread: socal newb
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #22
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer89 View Post
While it's entertaining to watch, the monkey motion is very unwanted and I'm in the middle of making it right suspension wise. It actually woke me up last time I was out seeing as I don't have aftermarket axles or torque box reinforcements on the car yet. All that stuff is sitting under my TV to remind my lazy ass that I need to install those things. lol. Your cars are fast because (i'm guessing) you have your suspension set up properly. I can't explain the 60 foot times though. All my buddies that are running well into the 11's are pulling 1.5x 60 footers.

I leave at around 5,500 and shift it at around 5,200. My car weighs around 3,400 with my narrow ass in it. It's a full interior car and the only things I've deleted were the AC stuff and the front bumper/fog light bar.
The Chevelle has stock suspension except for 90/10 shocks in the front and tubular upper and lowers in the rear with adjustable shocks. The front has the stiff big block springs, just with a coil and a half cut off them and the 90/10 shocks are about 18 years old. It also still has the stock 1969 axles in the 12 bolt just with c-clip eliminators.

The Cobra has the Maximum Road & Track Box which is why the times are a little slow for the mph. If I had a drag oriented suspension it would run quicker.