View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 11:38 PM   #23
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Some men are born 4'11" at 92lbs while others are born 7' at 320lbs. Some men are born dark skinned, some olive. Some women have a 34DD cup size while others have the chest of an 11 year old boy. But they were ALL born with similarly capable brains. Because the brain isn't a physical thing, subject to the same biological chance that the rest of our body is subject to... Science first, unless it's not PC, right?

Maybe I should answer in German so you'd understand better. First of all, we're not talking about special or extraordinary ability. I've had the opportunity to work with and be in the presence of true geniuses, a term that is used entirely too loosely these days. Sorry folks, they're wired differently. Maybe this is what you're getting at. What I'm getting at is the capacity towards moderate function. The average person educated int he industrialized modern world is vastly more knowledgeable and "intelligent" than say just 300 hundred years ago. Do you really think the majority of people in Africa have an IQ ranging 60-80 because of their biology, or because of other environmental factors. This is a function of education, or of programming the software if you will.

The comparison to the mechanical body is somewhat of a category mistake. We know, more and more in fact, that the brain is PROFOUNDLY adaptable with limits not yet explored. The physical limits of athletes, while being refined are pretty well established.

Quote:
Big G, you missed my point entirely. I have no doubt that there are stupid democrats. But Bill Clinton asking the court to define "is" was not stupid. It was a matter of context. They were putting his private sex life on trial and he was giving them semantic hell, I would have done the same, but I would have been more hardcore than he was.
This is a case of being too smart for your own good. It's not impressive to me in the slightest. I see it for what it is, douchebaggery. I would have had far more respect for any of the following:
- "None of your business"
- "A gentlemen never tells" (Which BTW Bush Senior once used and that was the end of it.)
- "Sure I put my co*k in her mouth. Any other questions you puriant little twats?"

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)