Thread: Tesla Model 3
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 11:59 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
With the advances in solar power buying an electric car is a really attractive concept. Many places will let you charde for free now. Imagine no fuel charges. That woulda me this a really attractive fiscal choice. However, the model S 85 got hot in a third on a lap at the ring. it would be far from a fun car. I honestly would buy an electric self driving car.
Battery tech is advancing very very rapidly, though we're years away from them being truly competitive with a gas car. It's just massive amount of current and shit is going to get hot which in turn plays hell with the batteries. I would seriously consider a Model 3 if it's sexy and in the 30s for a DD.

Even IF you don't get free juice, your kwH charge, even in the People's Republic of Kalifornia is still quite bit less than gas energy. Your $/mile in a bad case is still quite a bit better.

Oh, and this all implies are grid, which is fairly pathetic, is going to have to get a massive upgrade in the not so distant future if electric cars are going to be truly viable.

Ultimately I see a lot of inductive roads and cars with relatively smaller efficient batteries. You just pick up power everywhere you go from the road itself, but that is WAY off. Maybe 30-50 years in my BS'n opinion.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)