View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #35
I, Vettezuki

So enkeivette and I went out to see the owner in LA. He's asking $300 obo. It's heavily stripped already, clear coat is pealing away, and plenty of little dings, but for our purposes in pretty good shape we think. enkeivette noticed that the car had probably been jacked up improperly under the unibody and has some undesirable dents, but again, we thought between the cage and subframe connectors we'll be putting on, not an issue. The owner has the title and it all looked in order, but was unable to produce the current registration. This makes me a little nervous, but we figure what the heck, let's offer $200. He wanted to get rid of it and at $200 we can't go wrong.

Eric, if you read this, know this car is going to get very good attention from a lot of talented guys, and while I talked you down from your asking price, every penny saved will go into making this something special. Peace.

When I got it home tonight I spent a couple hours continuing to clean and strip. It didn't even have a key, so I had to crack the key. I can now steal an RX-7 in probably less than 30 seconds. Thankfully I use my power for good.

It's really starting to grow on me, thinking of all the good times ahead. We had an idea of what Motorgen would be about, and to see it expressed in some tangible ways like this is a great feeling.

Some pics; unfiltered as the car came home this afternoon. Let's see just how bad ass we can make this thing.

BTW, I've creaed a special user account for our project cars. Here's RX-Snake

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)