View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default Other Reasonably Attainable Vehicles You Would Like To Own...

So I was talking to a friend of mine today that owns a Jeep and I remarked to him that I would love to have one to go off road with someday. It got me thinking about what other vehicles within reason I'd love to add to my collection someday (for the record I'm keeping the Cobra until I die even if I have to retrofit it with a flux capacitor).

Here are the ground rules:
1) You can choose up to 5 total vehicles including what you already own (In my case I'm taking the Cobra + 4 others. Some of you might not want to keep any of the vehicles you currently own or maybe some of you have 5 vehicles you already love and wouldn't want anything else )
2) The vehicles can be new or used
3) No single vehicle can cost more than $15,000
4) Your total vehicle investment cost including mods would be capped at an aggregate of $15,000 (This would include the price of the vehicle plus mods. If you buy a 5k vehicle, you'd have 10k in mod money for instance. So no Vettezuki, you're not allowed to buy a old Vette and slap an LS9 in it )
5) Bikes are allowed
6) You have to explain why you made each choice

Now, here is my list:

1) A Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
-Used cost approx. 10k to 14k.
-I would use this for Motorgen off road trips.

2) A Honda S2000
-Used cost approx. 10k to 15k, any mod money would go to intake and exhaust mods and tires.
-This would be for autocrossing and open air canyon cruising.

3) A 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR4
-Used cost approx. 4.5k/10.5k for turbo upgrade/mods.
-This would satisfy my desire for a bizarre sleeper/AWD/giant turbo car.

4) A 1999 to 2003 Ford F250 Diesel with the 7.3L engine
-Used cost approx. 10k to 15k, any money leftover would go towards Banks upgrades.
-I would use this for general hauling and towing and might take it to the dragstrip occasionally. I just think it's funny a 7500lb truck can run 13's with simple mods.

Honorable Mentions:
-A 1992 GMC Typhoon or Syclone (a little pricey for this exercise)
-A seriously built Fox Body like Eric's (I don't have the mechanical expertise to build one within budget)
-A Ford Lightning F150 (too little utility and I already have the Cobra for a toy)