Thread: My sad day.
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #1

Default My sad day.

I might as well post it here. First off, we were NOT racing at the time of the incident, we were heading someplace fun though.

Two weeks ago today, a buddy and I were headed out to do some comparison tests. We put gas in the Goat, and went to get on the 91 west. There was a red light and a truck turning right too. So we stopped. My buddy was in the GTO ahead of me and is horrible with directions. So the light turned green, and we went. I pulled up next to him and told him to follow me. We were only going about 20mph when this happened. I think when we took off, he gave it too much gas and it down shifted to 1st and he wasn't ready for it. So he lost control, went into my lane (the left lane) and I hit him in the drivers side door. I spun around and he went off of the edge and rolled it.

We both walked away with nothing wrong other than him landing on his head after he unbuckled the seat belt.

The GTO is a total loss, and will be paid off next week. The Eclispe was towed to my house so I could tear everything out and replace the radiator support section. That was the original plan but the whole front end needs to be replaced and I don't want to do that. So, I'm going to pick up an 01-03 Galant GTZ and swap over everything into that.

We did talk to two different CHP officers and neither of us were cited for anything. Luckily my buddy is still alive and not even in the hospital.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."