View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 09:56 PM   #17

The factory oil cooler in my Jensen-Healey had one so the oil would not get too cool during the winter. The SHO engine also has an oil cooler, but it uses a heat exchanger in the block with the coolant to keep the oil temp within operating conditions. If the oil is too cool it does not lube as well. When I installed automatic transmission oil coolers, I run it in line with the stock cooler in the radiator so the oil won't get too cool, but also provide the extra cooling capacity when needed. Since it doesn't get too cool here in the winter, I am not too sure if it is necessary.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z