Thread: Lee vs Brawn
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 08:56 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
My point isn't that size trumps skill. My point is that size does matter. I was only defending against the statement that 'size doesn't matter if you know how to fight.'

I aver that beefcake Guy now at 200 lbs would kick Guy's twins ass at 160 lbs. It's hard for me to describe what I mean other than simply arguing that size does matter, at least usually, because it depends on context. Like, in the video, there's a smaller skilled fighter put up against a fictional WWF fighter. The smaller dude obviously is quicker, but skill or no skill, its harder for him to move a tree stump.

So my point isn't that size trumps skill or vice versa, my point is that EVERYTHING matters... we don't live in a box.
I'm still confused about your point, but I agree that size and strength CAN
matter. But that video only proved to me that the smaller, more skilled guy would have eventually beaten the big guy. The big guy was gassing. The smaller guy would have continued to dance around the big guy, attacked his body when he could, and worn him down until he broke. Then the smaller guy would have gone in for the kill. And the larger guy wouldn't have been able to do much. The problem with being that big and carrying that much muscle is that all of those muscles require oxygen. It's hard for a guy that big to last in a very long fight. They have to go for the kill early or they have problems.

Also, if they weren't just playing around, McGregor would have kicked that big dude in the gut with some hard kicks and gassed him even sooner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?