View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 12:54 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Safer than leaving the bumper hardware completely out which was my original plan. I'd have saved 37lbs as opposed to just 15lbs. What's in there now will stop a slow speed crash from totaling my car, it's worth the weight I think. Lots of C3ers ditch the front and the rear hardware all together. I'd never touch the hardware between the gas tank and the rear bumper.

It's basically as safe as a stock 74 vette, slightly safer because of the more rigid frame.
Stop pretending you have anything like a street car and just get a proper fuel cell and fire Halon supression. Neither are all that expensive and will greatly add to safety, as well as the resale value of the car. You might also want to replace the nails and anything I welded. . . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)