View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 05:31 PM   #42
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagonSleeps View Post
hahah are you serious??? its all in the tune, we do not have only 300whp and 500Tq because of mechanical reasons on the RALLY cars, RALLY cars are tuned accordingly using certain mechanics and mods that arent on roadrace cars, add/pull timing, etc etc. your intake restrictor makes no sense if your talking about subarus in general. Rally cars maybe. NOW, if you read the other posts, our subarus have restrictive HEADS which hurts our cars, YES. my intake to turbo inlet to turbo is as free flowing as it gets with a intake. ALSO our cars have MAF sensor on our intake to read the air flow. Our cars can take in air as much as we want, its called tuner/tuning.............AFR?? more fuel, less air. less air, more fuel. etc etc...

not to burst your bubble, your statement above is totally incorrect, what is the point in having a "rally" car having 500whp in a back canyon dirt road where you cant even open up all that hp?????? As a rally cars tq is needed to pull out of those sharp turns and whatnot, you do not speak of the truth. Intake Restriction???? explain alittle more cause im totally confused. Intake to Turbo Inlet to Turbo.

JDM STI TRANNY OR USDM STI TRANNY OR NOT.

Being bullet proof or being fast off the line is not an opinion, its a fact my friend

Obviously you have no knowledge in the history of STI 6 speeds. and what it can and cant do.

Thats why so many people on NASIOC, IWSTI, CLUBWRX forums consider PPG gears and STi 6 speed transmissions to be upgrades for people who run 400tq or more . Thats why they have fully prepped Roadrace cars with STOCK 6 speeds...

if you had experiences where the 6 speed has failed, the DRIVER DEFINITELY FAILED, not the tranny.
Dude, I am serious. They really do run intake restrictors on ralley cars, look it up. Pulling boost timing doesn't work because it is impossible to enforce. When the race starts a different tune is less than a push of a button away.

There is no lesson to be taught here or any bubble to be burst. Older rally car had way more power, but there was a death toll associated with that power. Just like NASCAR, in the name of safety they added the restrictors. (might change now that the turbos are going away).

Yes you might have deleted the tumblers in the intake stream, but that diesn't change the fact that you have super long intake runners and a baby dick turbo. If the heads suck too then thats just one more reason as to why your car is shit. MAF are great! my truck has one, my vette has one, my old mustang had one, they have their limits as to what they can compensate for. That little heated element will peg high.

AFR can be changed, but if you knew as much about tuning as you speak you would realize that it is not something used to limit power. Stray too far from ideal and things pop.

Finally, I tried (a little bit) to not be a dick in my previous post. With that said your car is slow and you failed epicly at realizing that Vettezuki was trying to let you know that you were actually wrong and that they have restrictors.

If you need a lesson taught that can be done. I will be happy to comply just let me know if I need to dust off my old fluild flow analysis text books or mount the DRs on the vette. I'm sure you are not ready to deal with either of them.