View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 09:02 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
I feel the MII is most practical. The others would have way too much front weight. They used to put SBC's in Jags and Healy's. Front weight proved to be too much for the susp, and the weight was way too froward.
My fav is the elec drag car, but you need big $$ and sponsors for that. It's up my alley too, but I do not have the access to stuff I had 10 years ago.
The 914 is a rear mid engine, but it seem not trivial to do and is such a weight in such a small car that it'd probably require a LOT of fabbing to do safely. But seeing a 914 with a V8 rumble is . . . well, special lets say. I'm curious about the weiht distribution in a 240. As I recall they were front mid engines with the I6. I know guys do this setup for straight line stuff. Your probably right, too much front weight bias for to be anything other than a drag type car. There is a lot to recommend an MII . . . other than the way it looks.

The electric drag car thing is going to happen at some point. But as you mention, the cost and technical details are in a different category. Probably a better choice for a later project car.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)