View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 02:22 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Things I might do this year

I've been in the trenches since the downturn, being careful, dodging bullets, etc., and things are finally starting to look relatively up. I'm not going to go nuts, but some things I would enjoy doing on the Vette reasonably within the next 12 months or so:

First, gotta fix my clutch shifting issue. It's not "terrible" but I can't really drive in a spirited fashion predictably. Not a big cost. Hope to sort out the root cause in the next month or two, before ACH.

After this, probably Summer to Fall, have Jammer98 fab up some hybrid Tri-Y/Long Tube headers and exhaust. Have to update my trans mount/cross brace to make more room for a better flowing exhaust as I still have the original 2-1-2. Then a re-tune, probably with Cunningham as he seems to be the best LS guy around. All this is maybe in the $2,500~. The decision here is whether I want to install the titanium valves I have, maybe new set of rockers, and possibly even lifters and slightly thicker HG before the tune. This would maybe be another $1,000-$2,000 At this point, fairly rough guessing considering current WHP is 390 and I have a ton of back pressure and a stock valve train other than springs is 430whp~ reliably on 91 octane, no more Torco.

I think this would be plenty motor for what I do, especially if I don't improve traction. As it is I cannot get on it terribly hard "off the line" without annihilating my 255 Nitto 450s.

The above is pretty reasonable.

From here I would like to pursue a Guldstrand 5 Link at Dick's Shop while he's still around. With the 5 Link I could put on 10" wheels (possibly more). It's much lighter than the SA IRS and solves the colorful toe problems that come with the short trailing arm suspension. This is like $3k installed at least now.

Wilwood now has a system for C3s I hear. 14" rotors up front, aluminum calipers would massively reduce unsprung weight and increase stopping force. Couple thousand at least.

Bigger mag wheels and stickier rubber. Couple G.

Adjustable front SLA suspension and lighter anti-sway bar.

From here, I would have a C3 at around 3,000lbs full wet (I'm 3,100 now with heavy shit all over) at around 430WHP, ok balance and center of gravity, etc.. A hoot of a driver's street driver's car.

Then make it prettier.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)