Thread: 300
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Default Review

Like no movie before, 300 makes me want to run around in a loin cloth and red cape, poking people with my stick . . . I mean spear. Can't wait for Halloween, better hit the gym.

Actually, it was a better blend of movie making elements than I expected. I anticipated it would be like watching a video game, and while there certainly plenty of scenes that fit that bill, there was a basic story line, a bit more of humanistic touch, and surprising amount of humor than the previews would lead one to expect. I was also pleasantly surprised by how much the dialog integrated Greek historical writings, however stereotypical they may have been.

Anybody who wants to tear the movie apart on a factual basis could easily do so for what it omits, romanticizes, and exaggerates, but anybody who goes to see a movie like this expecting an accurate recounting of history is totally cracked out anyway.

In short, I expected it to be fun to watch, but in the end it turned out to be a decent movie as well.

On a separate note, I wouldn't mind seeing another retelling of this story from a more naturalistic and historically accurate point of view. Maybe 300 will kick off a slew of films based on the rich history of Greece.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)