Thread: Diesel Tuner
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 08:39 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Default Diesel Tuner

Update, I got to keep my cake and got to eat it too.

I found a tune by Malone Tuning LTD for the Diesel CRD. They sell a stage 1, stage 1.5, and a DPF delete only. The DPF/ EGR delete only option was like $350.

So I pull the trigger, show up to the installers house, he downloads my file and sends it to this Canadian company about 3 minutes before they close (he was running late for our appointment). So he sends my comp file out to them for modification, calls them, and they rush to modify and send the file back in the 60 seconds they have before work ends.

The tuner downloads it, and says, that's weird, they titled it "Stage 1.5 tune." After climbing under the car to disconnect some sensors, etc., I get in to test it, gun it... And damn. They sent me the Stage 1.5 tune! Hahahahahaha

Turbo is louder now, spools up sooner, and it'll spin all 4 coming out of an intersection. It's no 1000ft lbs cummins, but it's definitely a hot little van motor now. It surprisingly feels more like a v8, it has the same low end torque but doesn't slow down after that initial grunt. It's the horsepower that's more noticeable surprisingly.

Anyways, fabbed a delete a week later. Yay for black soot on annoying drivers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk