View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
So I was in the Cobra on my way out to a customers yesterday cruising along at 65mph when a new Z06 pulls up next to me in the carpool lane. It didn't even have tags on it yet. So once he passes me he slows back down and then drops it and taps the throttle. So I drop it in 3rd and we both go for it. We were dead even until I shifted into 4th and then he starts to pull me (about a car length) until I get up to about 5000rpms and then I stay with him until we both had to let off due to traffic ahead.

That's the first time I've ever been pulled on the freeway and it sucked! It now has me thinking what if it had been a ZR1. He would have left me in his dust. I don't want to be beat by a factory stock car. I'm now thinking that I need to start building a 331, port my AFR165's, replace the stock 3.33 pulley for more boost and then tune it for the methanol injection that I installed but never had it tuned for.
That's the spirit!

I think with a built 331, AFR 165's, and more boost you really wouldn't have to worry about stock anything except for maybe a Bugatti