View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 02:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
This is awesome info.

One of many questions to come I'm sure. Alcohol is very hygroscopic (takes on water). How do you plan to store the E85 so that this problem is mitigated . . . or are you just going to burn 110 gallons every couple weeks? Do you need a license or permit to get that much fuel? Ok, that was two questions.
im going to use it as my daily driving fuel the 110 gallons should last me about 1.5 - 2 months give or take the occasional long distance booty call or beach trip!

and as for keeping that much fuel...well ya its really not at all legal if my sources are correct. what im actually doing if taking 11 5gallon containers with me to the e85 station and fill them up and then come home dump them in 1 drum and make a second trip and fill up the second drum. im keeping the 2 drums in a shed in my backyard and im going to cover them with all sorts of shit to keep the heat away from them in there lol. and when ever i need to fill up i just pump out e85 into one of my 5gal vp racing fuel containers and put it iin my car the same way u see race cars fuel up evo's only have a 13gal fuel tank so 3 trip to the back yard isnt that bad. i dont really go to far from home anyways just work, partys, car meets, and booty calls lol i live a simple life.

oh ya also i forgot to add **what if i run out of e85?*

well with the flashing/tuning software i have u can save all the tunes and tweeks uve ever made to ur car on your laptops hard drive....i have 100's or tunes lol but ill just switch back to my 91 tune if i ever find myself needing 91

also in the software i have there is an option to have a map switching mode to where i hook up a relay switch from an un-used ecu pin slot in my ecu, and tell the program that when this switch is in the on possition my ecu will be reading a 91 map ive loaded in there and when the switch is off it reads an e85 tune i put in there.........in other words ive loaded to tunes into my stock ecu and im able to choose which one i want the car to use at the flip of a switch.

GOD I LOVE THE EVO!!!

for what all u V8 guys have and love about ur big, loud, manly sounding, and powerful your engines are the evo matches with how indept its stock technology is and the unmatched abuse this 25 year old engine can take as far as boosting it to the moon and back.

oh ya and on a last note if u pop my hood it looks like a stock evo!! its gonna be a stock looking and sounding (if i wanted i can tune out the cam lopeyness ) 410+hp to the wheels evo that passes smog, has stock quick spool/throttle response from the factory turbo = no lag like bigger turbo's

god if i havent sold u on a damn evo yet idk what the hell would lol!!! j/k im a one off nerd at heart that loves to mess with technology and as u can all see ive gotten to expand that threw my car which is y i love it! and for those that do read threw all this, thank you for taking the time out of your day to share in my passion and letting me teach you a few things about the real import/evo/car enthusiast scene. that its not all hondas with big wings, and bigger ego's, bad paint jobs, sterios, and fart cans!!!