View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 09:01 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Default A wee update

Well, basically everything is great . . .except the cooling fans don't come on at their trigger temps. We're pretty much down to it being the computer itself (apparently it uses a pull up resistor for triggering the fan relay) or . . . gasp. . . the wiring harness. We've tested the relays, ground, and the fans themselves work fine. In fact, oddly, they come on during a cold start for about one minute, but then never come on again. We've tried 2 totally different custom programs and they behave exactly the same. The makers of the harness are going to send a new computer. Hopefully that works, if not, it's really starting to look like there is some mistake in the harness itself. I know we could work around it bypassing the computer completely and using a temp switch but I can't stand not knowing why something relatively simple isn't working as it should.

Other than that, it the little bit I've gotten to drive it, it's awesome. Pretty vicious, but still streetable. I'm a very patient person, but I really want to see this phase come to an end. . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)