View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #9
Internet Tough Guy

Well here are my $0.02.

1) I like the addition of before the TB. It is always best to keep oil and fluids out of the intake track. LS motors have this problem and we use CC with oil separators. THey go for ~$70.

2) Venturi setup: These are use a lot of ship's to draw a vacuum on our main condensers (steam) We run steam through the Venturi and draw a strong vacuum that removes non-condensable gasses from the condenser. I would say if you are going to experiment with this install a differential pressure gage to measure the delta between across the venturi and a pressure gage upstream of the venturi to measure the pressure build up between it and the turbo. The DP cell will indicate the motive force for the venturi. The upstream pressure gage will indicate the cost you are paying for having the venturi in since you will have least potential across the turbine wheel. Finally I would find something prevent it from sucking up oil. Like weld in a baffle close to the suction. Every ejection pump (it's the laymans term for what you want to install) has a strong suction it would be possible (with a good venturi) to suck the oil pan dry VERY quickly. SUrface ships actually use them for dewatering flooded spaces.