View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I come up with 10.33 with a .044 quench which is great. The engine should run strong. However, if you do go with a blower don't drop the compression by adding a thicker head gasket. A 64cc combustion chamber will drop the compression down to about 9.75 and would keep the .044 quench. That's a little high but with an intercooler or meth injection it won't be. Better yet would be a set of AFR's with 72cc combustion chambers which would give you 8.97:1.
Believe it or not, I didn't even bother to do calculations to figure out quench distance. Definitely do not want to use a headgasket thicker than 0.051" anyways. Stock cylinder heads for these are 66.67cc - and I still have the stock unmilled heads from that motor, so in theory I could port those and then mill them X amount when I go boost to get the desired chamber size, or just fork out the cash for some nice ones. Every now and then I see a halfway-decent set going for sale on 'Tech for between $500 and $1000.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.