View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 09:19 AM   #120
Progeny of the Great Apocolypse

Have no fear, I have sources for everything. I know where to locate everything we need for the fiberglass including PVA (we're not using Pam). We should defiantly use both chopped and cloth fiber for rigidity, unless we want finders that go all wobbly at speed. As far as the resin I thought I didn't need mention the catalyst seeing how it is commonly referred to as two part resin.

Foam, were still trying to figure out. The high density foam I typically use is very expensive and would cost a small fortune for the amount we're gonna use. That's where the fleece comes in. Yes, I'm talking fleece like the kind at Old Navy. You use polyester fleece to form around rigid frames. The fleece is made out of the same stuff as the resin (polyester).

As far as Rage is concerned, if we're doing anything that can't be accomplished with a good quality glazing compound (which I own) will want to use Rage. It's called light weight filler cause it's lighter then metal filler or lead, used in the olden times. If you want we can lead the body, I know how to do that to. Shock to any old timers, yes I have leaded a car before. I know weird, I'm so young.

Primer depends on the time line. There is no need to use a strong poly primer unless the car is gonna be in a primer state longer then a couple months.

Fiberglass to metal bonding shouldn't be necessary unless that's for the rear fenders. I'm under the impression we're making the front fenders.

Self etching primer. Believe it or not paint doesn't stick to raw metal all that well, so the surface has to be chemically etched. There are acid etching compounds but those add a whole extra step. I actually own some self etching primer that might still be good.

I think that covers everything.