View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Did you use the Torco when you had the car originally tuned?
No.

The original tune was on 91. With that final conservative tune it wouldn't detonate, but would ping on hotter days and/or heavier loads. With the Torco it is totally fine. It's just that with such retarded timing on a high compression motor, power is being left on the table. I'm just trying to tap that power without going to a race fuel mix if possible. The other "easy" solution is to use a cometic gasket and drop the compression, then go for an agressive tune on 91. But if I can keep my higher compression and go for the agressive tune on 91 + a little torco, that'd be cool. Right now, I have a conservative tune on 91 (and I run torco for safety).

The things I can think of doing to make it more agressivel tunable w/o using race fuel mix are:
- oil cooler (reducing combution chamber temps)
- find a way to get cooler air, if not cold
- headers (reducing cylinder backpressure?)
- cooler thermostat? I have heard lots of mixed opinions on this surrounding thermodynamics. I tend to understand the arguments against running a cooler thermostat and keeping the stock one instead.
- plugs? I'm running iridium plugs. Would a more standard plug be better for some reason, like be cooler when not firing?

Slam dunk solutions
- Race fuel mix (pretty opposed)
- Cometic gasket dropping compression (prefer not to)

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)