View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 08:05 PM   #18
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I could have it done as early as this week, but I won't. Here's why: Bill (Eric's Dad) let me spray some sections of the car in the booth. One of the painters that works there (at the Hot Rod shop where we rented the booth) gave me a few tips aswell. After we did the primer I spoke with the pro painter (Sol) and he offered to spray the car with his friend in the booth (that I've already paid for) for $300. So I'd get the guy who sprays paint jobs that this shop charges $10K for, for $300. But then I started to think that this would be an insult to Bill, who is a great painter (but he doesn't spray show cars everyday). THEN I started to think... I've done everything to this car by myself, everything so far. Why not paint it myself? (Stop shaking your head Sean) This car has provided a basis for me to learn all that I know, why stop now? Sure I'd get a better paint job hiring Sol to do it, but then it will always be Sol's work. I want to be able to say that I did this myself, all of it.

So right now I'm thinking that I'll take an extra few days, prep my surfboard for paint, paint it at Bill's house with a cheap one stage paint, and if it looks good, I'll do it. I'll still hire Bill on to let me use his gun and guide me as I do the work. So yeah... what do you guys think?
How much to rent the booth? If we can get Sonic to paint our cars he'll need a booth