View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 10:56 PM   #18
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrtive View Post
Cool everybody that chimmed in, it is grey and i just did flowmasters w/cool dbl wall tips, next will be cai what is good for this mach 1?? Oh and is the diablo tuner good i like the price? Thanks again
Most peopl I have talked to for CAI recommend the JLT products. I went with the RAI kit since it still utilizes the Ram air form the Shaker. The only thing I do not like about it is that the elbow going into the TB rubs on the underside of the hood. Not a huge deal though.

As far as hand held tuners. The most common one seems to be the SCT xCal 3. That is the one I have and if I had it to do all over again I would not have bought it. I did buy it primarily for the ability to change the gear ratio since I went to 4.10's. I loaded the tune and under load at 4K and above the car knocked. I contacted SCT and to make a long story short they said either get a custom tune or add some fuel and drop the timing. This pissed me off to no end. I just shelled out about $400 for a tuner that said it works with minor modifications such as exhaust, intakes and some other minor mods with out a problem and there is a problem for me. Not only that there main fix for the problem is shell out a bunch more $$ for a custom tune. I messed around with the tune myself and it is still not perfect but good enough for now. In the near future I will be getting a custom tune so that I know that the tune is safe and will not hurt the engine.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten