View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #9

For shits n giggles, a Photoshopped pic of my car:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Congrats Lee, that'll be awesome. What power adder are you leaning towards?
I am thinking a pullied Vortech G-trim, air-air intercooler[s], and methanol. Hoping for 500-650rwhp. It should also be able to handle a 200-250 shot of nitrous if I couldn't pull off a centrifugal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I'm tentatively calling BS on the reported 750 RWHP with 1 bar psi on a 347. But it's going to be great anyway.
I'm sure the cam was different, and it had good heads, and a sheet metal intake (or something like that). Just going off of what I have read and what 2-3 people have told me. 15PSI is A LOT for a 347.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozak View Post
What do you people do for a living? I can barely afford gas in mine, let alone go fast parts
I'm in IT. . My car is also paid off, so that helps. I started buying parts for this build in June of 2010 and have been shelling out $$$$ ever since. I moved in July and had to invest about $1000 into my Jeep to get it running properly just so I'd have a daily driver while my car was down. In fact, I'm replacing the water pump on the Jeep this weekend before I start working on the car. If you want to talk about barely affording gas, I'm right there with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
<CENSORED>
SHHHHHH! WE MUST NOT LET THEM KNOW OUR ANCIENT MONEY MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
How far down in the hole are the pistons and what is the current compression?
They should be 0.007" OUT of the hole. Current static compression should be 10.3:1. Dynamic is within safe ranges. This is with 59cc heads (assuming stock heads are 59cc when milled 0.045"). Ideal for boosted applications would be 62cc-64cc heads, or so (depending on PSI). Bottom line, it should be fine right now for NA, and I'll switch the heads/lifters/injectors when going FI (even though the lifters are brand new, it's cheap insurance).

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
700 hp will be a little much with a stock ls1 displacement and 15 PSI

I would peg it more to about 650
How many forged 347ci LS1s have you seen at 15 PSI? None? Neither have I.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.